Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Glitches and Taxes

Anyone else have trouble signing in to blogger last week? Don't know if it was on their end or my end, but my password wasn't working. Apparently whatever the glitch was, it's fixed.

Put together our "stuff" from 2007 for our tax appointment. Normally I'm anal retentive about saving and filing anything that pertains to taxes. This year was a mad scramble, as apparently I lost my head (and a number of receipts) last year.

I have heard rumors about the great "tax rebate" the most Americans are supposed to qualify for. I could go on and on whilst standing on my soap-box about what a hair-brained idea that is, but won't. The sheeple of our great nation are excited, and that seems to be enough for them. In the meantime, Bush has proposed a $3 TRILLION dollar budget for '09--complete with MANY cuts that will impact the same people he's throwing a few hundred dollars at in the form of the rebate. Nice.

As for me? I am in a most unique financial position: I have more money than my own government. I could not be less happy about that. Think about it--unless you were starting a new business (alone or with others), would you consider working for a company with less money than you? Perhaps, if it was a hobby, but then don't they call that volunteerism? I am most disturbed at what is going on in our country. I have written letters, emails, made phone calls--hopefully I'm not the only squeaky wheel.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to do my taxes this weekend, was going to do it last weekend but got bronchitis and that took too much out of me (I wasn't even on the pc for 3 whole days!!)

Also, did you know that you link to the old site that doesn't work?
Just an fyi it is now frugalforlife.com (no blogspot)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home