Friday, November 02, 2007

11/2/07

So...I was all excited for Halloween. I just love to see the little ones in their costumes, especially the ones that are homemade. Fidget went out and bought all kinds of candy, we turned our light on early...and had 5 trick or treaters total. FIVE. A friend brought her son and 2 friends, then later in the evening 2 older kids showed up. That was it. The last two weren't even in costume. We gave them candy anyway...we'd already been TP'd (although it wasn't bad--just one long strand hanging from a tree branch). Friends who live 2 blocks away (in our old house) had so many that they ran out of candy. Real estate agents are right--location is everything.

Now we are left in a bit of a dilemma--we have oodles of candy left. We've given some to our friends who have come over for coffee. One of the cats stole a Hershey and gave it to one of the dogs. I've eaten more than I care to admit, as has Fidget. The school doesn't want it. The nearest shelter is almost 2 hours away from us. What do I do with all this candy??? I suppose I could save it for next year... ;-)

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Could you melt down some of the chocolate only ones and make chocolate covered pretzels?

Since candy keeps, why not store it away and put a little out again in a month and then again in a month after that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home