Friday, November 09, 2007

Where does the time go?

It seems like it was only yesterday I updated this...and here an entire week has gone by.

Halloween candy--we froze some, have been pawning it off on friends who come to visit, and sent some home with the boys. And yes, erm, we have eaten some.

I signed up for my classes for next semester. It doesn't look good. There's only one class being offered that I NEED, which stinks. So I'm basically taking 3 classes as fillers--to keep me at full-time student status. That's a bummer. Hopefully I'll like the classes that I'm stuck signing up for, otherwise Spring semester is going to be torture.

A guy from our gas company is in my basement as we speak. When we kicked our furnace on, we noticed a bad sounding noise every time it kicked on. So we called, he came and looked at it--motor was going. Ugh! Luckily--and this is the only time in my life this has worked in my favor--we're part of the $10/month maintenance plan. Fidget and I had just been talking about canceling because, well, who ever actually uses it? And then the motor went. And it's covered! So is the labor--which is an especially good thing. It's been a pain in the neck, for us and the poor fix-it guy. Now he's got the new motor installed and he just came upstairs to tell me that there's a whole other problem. Sigh. It is getting chilly in here (58) so it would be nice if it started working soon. But, despite all the hassles, I have to say this: Scott, the repair guy, is absolutely wonderful. Fidget and I will be writing to the "powers that be" at his company to tell them how wonderful he is.

I've been battling rheumatoid like never before. My knees are so swollen that I can't even wear jeans--just HUGE, baggy sweat pants. I haven't been able to walk to my car for over a week, so I haven't been to my classes. 3 out of my 4 professors are being wonderful, the 4th isn't being terrible, but isn't being at all nice about it. Oh well. Worst thing he can do is fail me--and it will be hard for him to justify doing that when my exam scores are keeping up with the class average.

The pain factor has been unbearable--I'm actually seeking a solution (at least a temporary one) via western medicine. Hopefully we can come up with something soon--this is miserable.

Fidget and I are starting to gear up for Thanksgiving. We'll be having the whole gang (Fidget's family and mine) here again. We all had a blast last year, hopefully that will be the case again. I'm also hoping the kitchen doesn't get SO hot, like it did last year. I'm sure the wine had nothing to do with it. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you are suffering and I hope that you get to feeling better very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home