Monday, January 21, 2008

Debt

Debt is a bummer. But as part of our goal to be more financially healthy, wealthy and wise--it must be addressed.

I put our numbers together a couple of weeks ago. Ugh. We have approximately $41,400 in debt (car loans, credit cards, medical bills) plus student loans and mortgages. Well, I don't know if mortgage should be plural or not. We have a mortgage on the house we live in, plus a mortgage on the house we're selling Contract for Deed. So I'm not sure if we count the second one or not. Whatever. Bottom line--that's a lot of debt.

It's entirely unreasonable for me to set a goal to have it all paid by the end of the year. I've run the numbers every which way and it can't be done. So, I've set a goal of paying off half. I'd like to see the number decreased to $20,000 (plus student loans and mortgages) by the end of the year. It doesn't look totally impossible, but it might be kind of a big stretch. We'll see how close we can come. Wish us luck, we'll need it.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We found that we can pay down about 10k a year minimum for out debt

- DMC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home