Saturday, September 01, 2007

Reader Question

Yes, dear readers, (I can pluralize now, I have 2 regular readers!) ;-) it's time again for another reader question. And any of you can send in a question whenever the urge hits you, as occasionally I tackle more than one in a post.

Q: What jobs have you done in your life?

A: Good question, an easier answer might be to tell you what I haven't done, but that's not what you asked. So here goes...

I did lawn maintenance for 2 realty companies when I was 8-10 years old, a shop assistant when I was 12-13, a groundskeeper (glorified title for garbage picker-upper) when I was 14-15, I worked as a dishwasher/dietary aid/waitress/caterer/baker/cook/supervisor for the same company from 15-20, I was a counselor in a PMIC (psychiatric medical institution for children) from 19-21, I was a clerk at a gas station from 20-21, a waitress at a fine dining restaurant, a hostess at a different fine dining restaurant, a cocktail waitress, a bartender, a painter, a CNA (certified nurse's assistant), a telemarketer (which I HATED), stand up comedienne (or comedian, I don't really get hung up about all the gendering stuff), house manager for an adult group home, I was in a band for a bit (I sang), a mental retardation technician (don't holler at me about being PC--that was my title), a factory worker, an EMT, a cardiopulmonary technician...and probably a few other things that I can't think of right now. I've also volunteered loads of hours for suicide hotlines, domestic violence programs, sexual assault programs, and was a featured speaker at a statewide crime victim workers' conference.

For the most part, I think that about covers it.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Soooo
What do you want to be when you grow up? :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger stacey said...

That's easy: I'm never growing up. ;-)

I'd really like to teach high school English (specifically literature).

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, that just confirms all my suspicions, if lesbians aren't in phys. ed., they are in english. {wink}

I'm never going to grow up either.... I'm a toys r us kid. (just had to)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home