Saturday, January 06, 2007

Firefox and Houses

As I mentioned in a recent post, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox. And I really like it. IE kept crashing on me (especially after I had downloaded their "latest and greatest"). It's user friendly and seems solid. Keep in mind that I'm not a computer guru so this is purely a user-based opinion. I especially like the fact that I can once again log into blogger. I still don't know why IE wouldn't let me in, but I don't care anymore.

On Monday Fidget and I and our Realtor are doing a day-long marathon. I think there are 20 houses to look at--plus an entirely separate list of about 25 more for a different day. Merrie, our Realtor, called this morning with bad news--the house that I really like (from picture and internet description) is a foreclosure home and the cleaning people haven't been in yet--so we won't be able to see it on Monday.

I'm really trying to be patient with this process. More than anything I want our house sold. We can always rent a storage unit for our belongings and rent a room (we have a small "motel" in town with weekly rates). It wouldn't be luxurious by any stretch, but at least then we could move on a house when we find one we like. We did have someone else come last week and look at our house--Loved the floors, loved our basement (my dad was quite a woodworker and built some solid shelving for storage and it's partially finished) but didn't like the kitchen layout or the stove. (Not the actual stove, we have a counter-top stove with an oven in the cabinetry across the kitchen, next to the fridge.) Bummer. Fidget had called a lady from her church who's looking for a 4-bedroom home so we're hoping it wasn't her family that came to look--because at least that means there's one more hope out there.

We're not asking too much for the house--our asking price is about $9000 more than our tax valuation for 2007. We've fixed everything before it broke. We put in new flooring in 2006. We bought expensive window coverings this fall. We still have to paint the damned living room white, but other than that it's a great house. It's just in the wrong town for us. Hell, I even looked into the cost of buying some land and moving the house--but that is totally cost prohibitive.

All my life I've hated limbo. I'm one of those people who feel better AFTER I make the decision. I can deal with success or failure, but I hate riding the fence. Right now I feel like I'm sitting on a barbed wire fence. I'm not someone who can happily sit and wait, I'm a woman of action. I want to be pro-actively doing SOMEthing, and in this situation there's nothing I can do. I can't even paint my damn living room because our furniture is large and heavy and so I need to wait for Fidget to be around to help me move it. Sigh.

It is fun looking at the different properties, and I'm trying to make it all about the fun. Our house has only been on the market for about 6 weeks or so (through the Holidays)...Can you imagine how edgy I'll be in 6 more weeks? UGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home