Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ahhhh...Vacation (Almost)

We have our mid-semester break, meaning no school on Monday and Tuesday of next week. And, since my Lit and Justice profs cancelled class tomorrow I get to have a 5 day weekend. Sort of.

I've been procrastinating on a paper for one of my World History in the 20th Century class. I'm supposed to research a topic, interview someone over or near the age of 60 and write a paper. My interviews were done 2 weeks ago. I finished up some research last week, but otherwise the majority of the research was done 2 weeks ago as well. I just can't seem to make myself sit down and write the damn paper. I chose Stonewall as a topic, so it's not for lack of interest in the subject. I need to get a little more info for a couple of my references, but basically all that is left is to write the paper...And papers I am good at. Hopefully I will get it mostly done tomorrow, proofread and edit on Saturday, then finish up the bibliography on Sunday. If I do that I will still have 2 (mostly) free days to relax and not have to think about it.

In my other history class, US History through 1865, we have 2 tests and a paper. That's it, that's our whole grade. As I mentioned before, History is NOT my subject. I'm terrible at remembering dates, and I suck at geography. Took our first essay test in there 2 weeks ago...Got the test back today and...I got an A. BIG ASS GRIN!

Have gotten B's on my Lit papers so far, and hopefully can bring that up to an A. Got a B on a hard-as-hell Justice exam. So classes are going fairly well. Getting decent grades doesn't come easy for me and it never has. I used to be content with whatever grade I got, as long as it was at least a C. Now they've suddenly become somewhat important. Weird.

That's my little update. Oh...and there are only like 73 days until Christmas. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

w00t! Good for you on getting an A in a course you don't like...here's to more Aaaaa's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home