Friday, December 08, 2006

FINALS WEEK APPROACHING...Danger Will Robinson!

So, I believe I am about brain dead now. For the past week, the professors at my university have issued a series of challenges designed to rattle even the most studious of students. Papers, exams, presentations, essays (basically a paper, but the professor thinks it is less "intimidating" to students to call it an essay), and quizzes (it's an exam, see "essay"). Why the last minute rush? Why, it's finals week next week. As if we didn't have enough to do studying for finals, they crammed a shit load of extra in the week before.

Feminist perspectives, inaugural addresses, crime rates, essay exams, cumulative finals, recidivism rates, narcotrafficking, Colombian cocaine exports, abolitionism, suffrage, critical analysis of literature, slavery in the territories, genocide, prisoner empathy...and those are only a FEW of the items I've worked on since coming home from my last class today. What's funny? It's all starting to jumble in my mind...I've got William Lloyd Garrison coming from Colombia; Susan B. Anthony was pro-ERA; Glaspell as an anti-abolitionist...it's all a big, jumbled mess.

I think I'm giving it up for this evening. It means more work tomorrow, but I'm beat. I'm too old for this shit. One of my classmates asked if I'd like to come to a party tonight--I asked her if she was nuts?! Criminy.

I'm going to go and make myself a nice warm cup of soup and become an absolute vegetable in front of the TV. Mindless humor is called for here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home