Thursday, October 05, 2006

Banks vs. Credit Unions

I've been reading a number of financial blogs lately. I've always been interested in money and how to make it grow, how to best reduce debt, etc. Anyway, I came across a few entries about banks versus credit unions and how credit unions usually give you a better interest rate. I did some homework, the Princess made a few calls and lo and behold! A credit union in the next town (that we are eligible to join) has a savings account with twice the amount of interest that we currently have at our bank. Here's my question: Is it really that easy? Or is there a catch of some kind? Should I transfer all of our savings over to the new bank, or should I leave some in my old savings account? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Is this the info you found?
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf61404724.tip.html

Also, It is that easy and that wonderful, I wouldn't go to a bank over a credit union, ever! And I would suggest you move over what you feel comfortable with and then move more if you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home