Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back to School

I'm taking only 12 credits this semester because one of them is Statistics. My advisor recommended I do it this way and I am accepting his advice.

Stats promises to be challenging. I've taken it before, but my grade wasn't high enough. Worked my ass off, too, so this class makes me nervous.

Law Enforcement and Society might be interesting. Our professor is a former assistant county attorney. She teaches for the first 1.5 hours and then law enforcement officers teach the next 1.5 hours each week. Sounds like there will be tons of homework, and we had our first quiz the first night of class.

Rehab and Prevention and Juvenile Justice are the other two classes. One of my favorite professors teaches both of them, and I enjoy his teaching style so I am hopeful that they will be interesting. I haven't had either of these yet so we'll see.

My schedule is pretty screwy this semester, and I will be glad when it's over. I have morning classes and night classes. Yuck! That puts me driving the 30 miles to school twice a day several days a week. I can kill some time, but not 7 hours. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get my schedule to come out decently.

Fidget is giving her notice today. She's accepted a job in the same city where I'm going to school and where we hope to land if/when our house sells. As long as we're both driving to and from school/work we won't be seeing much of each other, so I have even more reason to hope the house sells sooner rather than later.

That's the news from this side of the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home